Here’s a great experience where you DON’T have to understand French! How To Become Parisian In One Hour is an English-language comedy show you should see and I have seen it in Paris twice. I thought I would share a few highlights.
- Oliver Giraud was born in Bordeaux and worked in the United States as a waiter and restaurant manager before returning to France to pursue his career as a comedian.
- He created his one-man show (completely in English) in 2009 where he shares not only the differences between the French and English, but also shares how to be more French—-how to become a Parisian—–in one hour.
- Hearing his anecdotes about shopping in Paris (vs. Chicago) are priceless
- His facial expressions and accents are hilarious. I laughed quite a bit and his insights on the French are bang on.
- The show is a bit risqué and not for children under 16 but it is certainly funny. The audience were from every country you could think of, including France.
I highly recommend this show, ” How To Become A Parisian In One Hour“. The show takes place at Theatre de Nouveautes , which is near the Grands Boulevards Metro. Here is a clip from his show.