Thank you for visiting my blog.
In May 2018 a new European law called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became law. As France Travel Tips has some subscribers who live in the European Union, the website needs to be compliant with this law. The purpose of this law is to give people more control how organizations use their data. This page explains how France Travel Tips collects data and what we do with it. By visiting this blog (which includes all content on this site), you agree to the following terms and conditions/privacy/disclaimer:
Usage of Blog
This blog is provided for general interest. The views on this blog are mine. I may revise these terms/disclaimer at any time. There may be references to alcohol on this blog. If you are not of legal drinking age where you live, please visit this blog when you are.
No Professional Advice or Endorsement
Although this blog could refer to law, health or wellbeing, no legal, medical or counselling advice is being provided. Please seek appropriate professional advice before acting or not acting on any information on this blog. Any reference on this blog to third party organizations, companies, or any other persons, products or services is for convenience only and is not an endorsement.
Unless otherwise stated in a particular post on this blog, I do not receive any free products (except free samples that are generally provided to the public), payment or other inducements from companies for writing my posts.
Submission of Comments
Although you may post a comment on this blog, it may be reviewed before it is publicly visible. Despite any review of a comment before it is publicly visible, you represent and warrant that the content of your comment neither violates any laws nor any rights of any third party, and is not harmful, defamatory, harassing, offensive or otherwise objectionable. I reserve the right at any time, without notice, to edit or remove any comments that are posted. If your comment is posted, the name you enter in the “Name” field will be posted; however, your email address will not be posted. Please do not include any personal information when leaving a comment.
Information Collected From You
We may collect and process the following data from you:
- when you subscribe to our newsletter, you give us your name, email address
- when you submit a comment on a post, you give us your name, email address
- when you contact us (ie. to ask a question, make a comment, or to report a problem with the site), you give us your name and email address.
- technical information is collected about: the IP (internet protocol) address, the browser type, time zone, and the operating system you are using when you access this website
- information about your visit to our website: url (pages) you accessed, the date and time of your visit, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information. This is collected through Google Analytics (see Log Files below).
“Personal data” is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
What data is being collected: Your name and email address when you sign up for the newsletter or when making a comment on a post.
Who is collecting the data? The data is collected by France Travel Tips which is the website owned by Janice Chung.
Will the data be shared with any third parties? Data will not be shared with third parties. Third party tools are used as part of our day to day business which means that your information may pass through their systems. Below is a list of these tools along with a link to their GDPR compliance statement (where applicable).
Dreamhost hosts our website (https://www.dreamhost.com/legal/privacy-policy/)
Mailchimp hosts our email (https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/)
How will the information be used? This is also under “What data is being collected”. All the information collected is only used to provide a newsletter to you or to respond to a comment that you have submitted on a post or an email sent to France Travel Tips.
How long will the data be stored?
- You have the “right to be forgotten”: you may request that France Travel Tips delete all data about you without undue delay. Your name and address will be deleted when you unsubscribe to France Travel Tips newsletter or contact us requesting that we delete your name and address.
- You have the “right to rectification”: you may request that incomplete data be completed or that incorrect data be corrected.
- You have the “right of portability”: you may request that personal data held by France Travel Tips be transported to another organization.
What rights does the data subject have? You have the right to view the information we hold. If you wish to do so, or if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at jan@FranceTravelTips (dot) com
If you provide personal information, it may be used or disclosed as permitted or required by law, including disclosure to government authorities, courts or law enforcement upon valid demands.
Log Files And Website Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to understand how visitors engage with the blog. It collects monitors, and analyzes information about your visit to the France Travel Tips website. The log data may include the computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, operating system used, referring pages, time and date of your visit, geographic location (country) and language. The information is stored anonymously in the server log files and helps us understand visitor interests improve the website. (https://privacy.google.com/businesses/processorterms/). Also see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”.
We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalize your web experience. It makes it easier to navigate the site. You can choose to accept or decline cookies when you visit the site.
These types of cookies are used on this website:
- Session Cookies: will expire at the end of the user session when the web browser is closed
- Persistent Cookies: are stored by the web browser and will remain until its expiry date, unless the user deletes the cookie.
- Strictly Necessary Cookie: are required to operate our site and helps you move around the site and use its features.
- Preference Cookies: enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website looks or behaves, such as the language you prefer
- Analytical Cookies: are used to help website owners understand how visitors interact with the website. Data is collected anonymously.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, simply visit
The website, allaboutcookies.org is a helpful resource for understanding cookies and learning how to manage them. Your browser can also provide information. In your browser settings you can refuse some or all cookies; however, in doing so, you may not be able to access all parts of the website.
This blog is provided on as is, as available basis. No representations, warranties or conditions are made, whether express or implied, including without limitation merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, accuracy, timeliness or completeness. I will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss or damage in any way related to the use of this blog by you or any other person.
Copyright © 2018 J. Chung. All rights reserved. The mark France Travel Tips belongs to J. Chung. The intellectual property rights in and to all other content on this blog belong to J. Chung or the respective owner. You may not copy any part of this blog, including but not limited to photos and text, into any medium whether on the Internet or offline, including but not limited to websites, without the prior written consent of J. Chung.
Aside from social media shares, you may link to pages on this blog at www.francetraveltips (dot) com. Links on this blog to other Internet sites are provided for convenience. Your use of those sites is based on the terms and conditions of those sites, and is at your own risk.
My posts may contain affiliate links to Booking (dot) com and AutoEurope which means that if you purchase something through these links, I get a small commission (at no extra charge to you). With or without the commission, I genuinely recommend the products noted. The links are included after the posts are written and posts are never composed for the purpose of including advertising.
**Updated May 1, 2018**