I don’t usually do New Year’s resolutions as they tend to have a negative slant. You know, lose weight, stop smoking, drink more water. Not really fun in my mind. So, instead, I’m just going to share some travel ideas I’d like to explore in France in 2016. Not sure if I’ll do all of these experiences, but it will be fun trying. Here are my New Year’s Resolutions for France in 2016.
2. Visit a cave bar- which have reasonably priced wines (often organic) and French deli snacks.
3. Have an apple martini and lobster club sandwich in the bar of the Georges V hotel
4. Photograph all the major “passages” in Paris (hidden shopping passages constructed in the 1800s)5. Visit Marche des Enfants Rouge—the oldest covered market located in the Marais district (opened in 1615). It takes its name from the children from the nearby orphanage who were dressed in red.
6. Photograph and tour Fondation Louis Vuitton—art museum and cultural centre opened in 2014 with the architecture designed by Frank Gehry
7. Check out the chocolate exhibit at Musee Rodin (closes February 21 ) by chocolate maker extraordinaire, Patrick Roger who has also created chocolate versions of “The Thinker” in his stores.
8. Find and photograph some of the locations where famous movies such as “The Da Vinci Code” , “Midnight in Paris”, and “The Devil Wears Prada” were filmed.
9. Walk on the Promenade Plantée (“tree-lined parkway”), a 4.7 km elevated park constructed on the old Vincennes railway line. Supposedly this parkway inspired similar parkways in New York (High Line) and Chicago (Bloomingdale Trail).
10. Ride in a Citroen 2CV through Paris.
So those are some of my hopes for 2016 and we’ll see if I accomplish them. I have many more plans and experiences I want to cover and hope to share these in the next year. I hope you are able to travel to France in the coming year and try one or more of these new experiences.