There is nothing more exciting than meeting up with someone….particularly when it is in Paris. My sister Catherine and her daughter Ashlyn met up with me in Paris during my March break. It was perfect weather…..20 degrees C and sunny! We went to some restaurants that had been recommended in the New York Times and the food did not disappoint! (All are still in operation as of June, 2018)
Chez Georges- 1 Rue du Mail (2nd arr)—Note: Chef has changed since we were there. Dinner consisted of steak in a bernaise sauce, frites, green beans, and an apple tart. With wine of course.
Chez Denise (5 Rue des Prouvaires, 1st arr)– Dinner was pork hocks, green beans, fries, lamb chops, and wine.
Aux Lyonnaise (32 Rue Saint-Marc, 2nd arr)- Dinner was a terrine pate, fish mousse, souffle, and wine
Some highlights during the week:
- Visiting the Musée Grévin wax museum,
- shopping at Galeries Lafayette,
- visiting the Picasso museum,
- heading to the roof of Samaratin Department store to get some views, and
- running the 7 km race in the Semi Marathon d’Antony. The town of Antony is located on the RER train line so it was easy to get to the race.
Aux Lyonnais– 32, rue St Marc (2nd arr)